Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What Babies Want

It looks like Wednesdays are becoming my new day to write. I've thought about writing on multiple occasions but I get busy and just don't sit down to do it. So, of course, when days pass I lose the train of thought, or whatever it is that happened doesn't seem so exciting to write about anymore.

This past weekend was a pretty amazing weekend spent alone with my hubby. Joey was missing from the picture, but as long as I keep reminding myself that he's having fun, I can get through it. Speaking of him missing from the picture, he also got out of cleaning up a large mess his friends left in the yard for us. Toilet Paper. Lots of it, and not the cheap stuff either!

Today, I am 30 weeks 3 days pregnant and I'm still feeling amazing. You hear and read all of these horror stories of pregnancy in the third trimester but maybe it's my healthy attitude and the fact that I'm still exercising that's not bringing me down to feel as so many women feel. But, on that note, I do still have two months to get through, and those months aren't going to be cool by any means. I'm sure come May 15 I'll have a different story to write about. We had another appointment on Monday and this appointment involved another ultrasound. We were pretty excited to see him again, but he definitely didn't want us to see his face. He had his arm covering his face the whole time as if saying, "hey, stop intruding." The ultrasound tech said that if he's born with a hickey on his arm, she wouldn't be surprised, as he was sucking away. Even though he didn't want to show us his face, he was definitely not shy about letting us know he is in fact, a boy.

Last night during our hypnobirthing class we watched a movie. It was a bit lengthy but overall, had a great theory and meaning behind it. It basically was a reminder that babies are alive from day one, inside the womb. They do feel pain and they do have feelings. They get scared and those first moments of life outside the womb can be so meaningful and have lifelong affects. We may not actually remember the moment we are born, but have you ever thought that maybe those first few days have a lot of influence of who you are today?

If you are interested, you can read more about the movie here:

What Babies Want

After watching this film, it left me thinking about what a huge responsibility having children is and it breaks my heart that so many bring children into this world and they don't take care of themselves or take into consideration their actions influencing the child tremendously. I know that not everyone has the same beliefs as me, but this isn't really a "belief". It's reality and it's LIFE!

 

No comments: