Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's May 7 and already the triple digit weather. Never did I think it was going to come this early....but it's ok. I like it. I love the heat and I love the sunny weather. I would never want to live anywhere that it is overcast and rainy and cold....blech. Never.... My life is pretty boring, most of the time. I spend my days cleaning and playing Cinderella in this home I call my palace. That's ok, I like it. Today I got up at 5:15am and made my husband his lunch for work. Wasn't too hard, just had to pack some left over spaghetti and a yogurt with some fruit and a little treat I like to call Oreos. He's spoiled, yes. I then made him breakfast and turned on the news to see what was going on in Santa Barbara, CA. The wildfires are so devastating. We have a cousin who lives there and she had to evacuate last night. My heart goes out to her and all of the other thousands of families who have to do the same. Anyways, got a little off track. Once I caught up on that, I folded some laundry, made my son some breakfast and hung out with him before he was off to his bus stop. Once he left I started my cleaning ritual. Change the kitty litter, water my plants outside, sweep the entire house (2400 sq ft) and then mop it....sounds fun huh? :) I enjoy it actually....I'm just HOT right now because it's freaking 83 degrees in my house. I'm refusing to turn on the AC and really, it's not THAT bad. It's hotter outside.... My life in a nutshell. I've been through a lot and what I've been through, both easy and tough times, has made me who I am. I complain a bit but when I stop and think about who I am and what I've accomplished I realize how lucky I am to have the life I've lived and do live. There's just so much I want that I can't have. This journey I'm on right now is one to try and get rid of the "wants" and focus on what I have.... Pool is calling...must swim.... Until next time...

No comments: