Monday, March 8, 2010

a little bit of everything

It's been a week since I have changed my eating habits and started a new exercise regime. So far, so good. That addicted feeling I once had has returned again and I go to bed excited to wake up early the next morning to work out. It also helps that I have dropped 2.5 lbs in 7 days. On my way to those shorts that just didn't fit anymore.

It's amazing to me what you see in people when you take a step back and look at them from a different perspective. Whether it be someone you have known for a long time, short time, don't really know at all or someone who is a family member. I am a people watcher. I love to observe actions, tone of voice, body language and everything else that goes along with our everyday conversations. Most of the time when watching ones actions or listening to what they have to say, it reminds me of truly how blessed I am.

That old saying that our parents and teachers always repeated, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all" comes to mind when I'm thinking of watching people. So many of us say and do things that we really don't mean in hopes that we can overpower the other person or be in control. I've really learned over the last 10 years to not take things to heart when coming from mindless people. I really don't take many things to heart anymore, unless they are coming from within myself.  I suppose people only talk bad about others or talk down to them in hopes that they will feel better about themselves, when really, they are the ones with the problem.

I'm continuing on my journey of ridding the negative from my life and moving on with only the good, positive thinking people. In doing this, it has been empowering. It becomes clearer and clearer each day who my true friends and family are. Those that love me unconditionally and would never speak (or type) a word to intentionally hurt me or belittle me.

With that said, I love my life and the journey that I am on.

No comments: