Friday, April 12, 2013

Post Yoga Quinoa Salad

Friday is yoga day. I love yoga day because I get to stretch and hydrate my muscles. They are fatigued from cardio and circuit training all week. Usually, after a workout I come home and have a protein shake to curb my dinosaur like hunger that hits. On Yoga days, I like to cook more of my "normal" lunch foods. It's always a good day to make a quinoa (pronounced KEEN - WA) salad so that I have leftovers ready to be eating throughout the weekend. I made 1 C of quinoa as my base. It's so easy to make and a heck of a lot quicker than making brown rice or something like nasty Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!




All of the ingredients that I put into my Post-Yoga Quinoa were items that I already had on stock and I  had just picked some fresh kale from my garden this morning, perfect! Other items were a tomato, an avocado, 1/4 of a red onion, fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper and some cilantro to give it a little more flavor. 


I chopped everything up while my quinoa was cooking. Once it was nice and fluffy to my expectations I mixed everything together, seasoned with a small amount of salt & pepper, juice from one lemon and topped with freshly chopped cilantro. 
YUM!!



It was the perfect lunch to follow an amazing yoga flow class! I feel amazing and am ready for the weekend!

1 C Quinoa (cooked w/ 1 1/2 C Water)
1 Tomato
1 Avocado
1/4 of Red Onion
1 Lemon
Handful of Kale
Handful of Cilantro
Salt & Pepper to taste

**I'll post how I cook my quinoa in a different post!**





     

2 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

I need to get brave enough to try t his keen-wa stuff. ;-) Thanks for linking to my blog btw! Just realized I never wrote you back on FB :( How come you switched back over to blogger? Love your layout!Btw if you want ppl to follow you your blog you'll have to switch to BlogLovin' because GFC (Google Friend Connect) is going away in July. Wasn't sure if you knew that or not.

Unknown said...

Hi Stacie! Thanks for your comment! Yes, you DO need to try quinoa! It is so yummy and so healthy for you! Let me know if you ever have questions about trying it :)

I am so lost on blogger now... lol I have to learn all of the new features and layouts! I hadn't used it in ages.. so, thanks for the tip, I'll have to look into what your talking about because as of now I have no clue what you mean!! Thank you!!