Monday, July 12, 2010

Time flies

I was a little amazed when I saw how long it has been since I've written. I didn't realize just how busy we've been over the last month! We took a trip to California, had company for a week and I managed to finish two of my classes with good grades! I honestly don't even know where to begin on catching up... so maybe I'll just skip to the now and keep the last month to myself.

   I am currently 2 days away from being done with week 7 of P90X. It is such an empowering feeling and I I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life! I have more energy, I'm less stressed and best of all, I am at my goal weight. It's amazing what you can do when you just dedicate time to something, become determined and set goals. The next part of my diet is cutting out caffeine. So far, so good on that one. Starting five days ago, I have been making my coffee 1/2 caff. The first couple of days were a little strange. I never got a headache, but I had the shakes really bad and was extremely fatigued. Today, I am feeling fabulous. Two more days and I'll switch to 3/4 decaf 1/4 caff and hopefully by August 1 I will be completely off of caffeine! The sad thing is I have to give up RedBull and Monster (which is ok, because they aren't good for you anyways!)

   Joey starts school two weeks from today. He's going to be in 6th grade and that is really hard for me to believe. It seems like yesterday he was 3, playing around the house with his Buzz Lightyear and Woody toys. Amazing how fast time flies....

   This post wasn't all that great, but hopefully there are better ones to come! I need to make myself write more, since I suck so badly at it (just as my English teacher). I want to practice writing "correctly" and not just babbling whatever comes to mind. Hopefully my English class starting in August can help me achieve that!

   Until the next post... I'm going to go enjoy the heat. Supposed to be 108 today!

1 comment:

Ian Lisk said...

Rene,

You should be so proud of yourself in terms of health, being a great mother and wife. School starts in 2 weeks. Ouch..Our kids go back August 16th.

Ian