Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear Starbucks Employee..

I haven't been drinking caffeine for some time now, almost 3 months to be exact, and as I have mentioned before... I don't miss it. Occasionally I will get the craving for one of my beloved coffee drinks but I order it in decaf form.

This weekend my husband and his friend ran to Safeway to pick up a few things and asked if I wanted anything from Starbucks. Thought about it and decided that yes, since PSL's are back (Pumpkin Spice Latte) I would gladly take one in decaf.

From the first sip I thought it tasted horrible and hubby advised me that the gal making it seemed confused about what exactly the drink was and he made sure to tell her "DECAF" to which she even wrote the word on the side of the cup. I took another couple of sips and my head started to feel funny. Within 30 minutes my hands were shaking and I knew that the little lady at the Starbucks made my drink with caffeinated espresso. &*#($%&^*#(@*@$%

I threw out the drink and while I could have called them, or gone back in... I really didn't feel like it. I was angry. Not only had the price gone up (a tall was $3.98!!) but it tasted bad, not at all like I remembered and it wasn't made to my liking.

So, Dear Starbucks employee that doesn't know what she's doing, you should be happy I don't have an allergic reaction to caffeine and maybe you should pay more attention to what you are doing. I ordered decaf for an important reason and you screwed that up. I won't be coming back in to that Starbucks for a while...

No comments: