Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Has it really been a month already?

I can't believe that I haven't written since September 1. Well, I take that back. I can believe it, I've been busy. Homework, being a mom, a wife and starting a new home business. Things have been great over the past few weeks and they are only going to start getting better.

I'm not looking forward to this Saturday, Joey will be leaving to go visit with his dad for two weeks. It's not that I don't want him to see his dad, because I believe he does need to see him, I just hate that when he comes home he's a different person and we have to draw out his real personality again. This weekend, watching him play football with Paul and swim in the pool only to end the night with cuddling up to me on the couch with a smile, really got to me.  I hope that whatever happens while he is gone doesn't affect that this time and he comes back just as happy as he is when he leaves.

My mid-term for Algebra is coming up soon, in two weeks. I've already started studying and I really want to do well so I can keep my 96% in that class. I'm enjoying my communications class, although at times I feel like I'm in marriage counseling the way it talks about listening and words and body language. I know I am taking a lot from it and here and there I think Paul's even paying attention too.

Joey has started football and has practice every Tues & Thur from 6-8pm. I'm really hoping that it helps to bring him out of his shell, and while I am extremely nervous about the whole thing, I am excited because he is the one who came to us asking if he could play. Major downside is he's missing 7 practices while he is gone visiting his dad and his first game. I'm sure he'll be sitting on the bench for a while when he gets back until he can get his tackling skills caught up to the rest of his team.

That's my rant for today, back to homework and errands...

No comments: