Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Acid Reflux & Leg Cramps

In a little over a month it will be a baby boy keeping me up at night, whereas now it's acid reflux and leg cramps. There isn't really a sure answer on why pregnant women get leg cramps during pregnancy but it's definitely one of the more uncomfortable side affects. Some nights are worse than others and I have yet to find out why I have the good nights. I am eating 2 bananas a day (on most days) and drinking at least 1 gallon of water. I'm still walking too, but for some reason I am haunted each night.

I had a bit of heartburn when I was pregnant with Joey, and a little bit of acid reflux but NEVER like I've experienced with this pregnancy. It haunts me any time of day, but the worst is at night, when I'm sleeping. It's not very pleasant to wake up choking because you have vomited in your mouth. As I'm running to the bathroom trying to spit it out everywhere, I wonder, what the heck brought it on this time?

Luckily I have learned that certain foods bring it on or if I eat too late before laying down to sleep. Most of the time I can control it but it's those off nights that it's just horrible.

Honda moves around a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean all of the time. He's a very active baby and I like to think it's because I have maintained such great health through this pregnancy and I eat pretty healthy with my share of veggies and fruits each day. We've also noticed that he moves a lot when there is music on with a good beat. He doesn't move so much when country music is on, but put a little bit of Pop on and he's jammin in there.

Joey has been doing well so far in the 4th quarter of school. He's had 1 football game for this spring season and Paul even took him riding this past weekend on his new dirt bike. He looks so great on it, it's the perfect size for him. We just need to get him more used to the clutch and the fact that it's a 2-stroke. He'll get the hang of it I'm sure.

The past few weeks have been busy, I had two baby showers and they were both a lot of fun. We have really gotten to know a lot of great people here and my family back home had a wonderful gathering for us via Skype.

Our hypnobirthing class is over now and I am really excited to use what I've learned. I already do in my day to day living and it's really helped in many ways. Tonight we are going to the hospital for our tour of "Labor & Delivery". I'm excited to see the rooms and see what kind of layout they have.

Time to go, someone is pushing on my bladder...

No comments: