Monday, February 13, 2012

Best Birthday EVER!

Well, I am officially another year older. So far, thirty-two is amazing. I woke up on my birthday next to the man of my dreams and got to spend the morning with my boys. Hubby surprised me by "leaving for work" only to return a few minutes later with coffee and donuts from Dunkin Donuts. I received a sweet card from both him and my 12 year old and the day just kept getting better. I sat outside in the sun for about 45 minutes, went for a 3 mile run and after my run got into the shower to freshen up.

While I was showering, hubby came in and told me that I needed to hurry because Travis had learned a new trick. A new trick? I know he's not walking, he's close, but not close enough yet. I hurried out and he walked me to the living room covering my eyes.

The instant that he uncovered them I started crying! My best friend and her family had driven all night to come surprise me for my birthday. It was absolutely the best surprise I have ever been given and I was so happy to have them for the whole weekend! We had a great night out to dinner where we had drinks and good conversations. When we got home and I tried to pay our amazing baby sitter, she refused to take the money and said it was a birthday babysitting treat, AMAZING! We spent the rest of the weekend playing, talking, relaxing, cooking, going to the park, Rawhide Western Town and the only thing that was missing was Joey. (he had flown to his dad's house for the weekend. Yes, on my birthday)

I am one lucky lady!!!

No comments: