Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Meds no more?

Travis has been on medication for his acid reflux since he was 4 weeks old. Being a very natural person and not wanting to give him medications, I had to and didn't have a choice. (well, unless I want to cause further damage from letting his esophagus burn). He will be nine months old on Monday, February 27 and I really want him off of his meds.

Starting at four months old, I have tried each month to wean him off of them. Starting by giving him 1/2 a dose, but by day two he's usually screaming in pain and is showing obvious symptoms that he needs the medication. This time, we are on day 7 and he's doing GREAT! I am seeing no signs of needing it anymore and today was actually the first day I didn't give it to him at all. It is only 11am and there are still many hours in the day but so far so good. I will be so ecstatic if he doesn't need these meds anymore!!!

On another note, last week I made several more recipes that I have found on Pinterest. Thank you to all of you who post such yummy recipes and ideas! I think the favorite of mine was the Strawberry Mango Salsa that I found here.

[caption id="attachment_571" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Strawberries, Mango, Red Onion, Fresh Basil, Fresh Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_572" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="It was delicious and a HUGE hit in our house!"][/caption]

 

I am so happy to report that 2012 is really turning out to be a great year so far. Travis' health is getting better, Joey is growing like a weed, I am about to run my first 1/2 Marathon and my cooking skills are becoming better and better every week! Can I also add that the weather has been gorgeous? I definitely have NO complaints.

No comments: