Monday, May 6, 2013

Mood Booster Workout

It is so easy to forget to take care of your body. Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain weight or just stay active it's easy to fall off course and lose momentum.

Here is a quick workout that I like to do if my day is too busy to get to the gym or to a bootcamp class. It elevates my heart rate, helps burn a few calories and boosts my mood. Anytime I engage in any physical activity, I feel better. 

When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins and these endorphins trigger positive feelings in your body. Why wouldn't you want that? 

So, if you are feeling down, depressed, low energy, try this quick little workout to boost your mood!! It doesn't take very long, and it always works for me! 

Items Needed: 
Self!
Positive Attitude 
A little bit of space for burpees (yes, I said burpees)

Workout:

20 pushups (Try to do them from your toes, as many as you can, then go to your knees if you need to.
          Gradually you will be able to do more from your toes, I promise! It's all about progress!)
20 sit-ups (Actual sit-ups, not crunches!!)  
5 Burpees**
20 Squats

REPEAT! (You can repeat for as little as 15 minutes or as long as 40, however much time you have!)

**Burpees~ if you are not familiar with how to do a burpee, it's just a few simple steps! 
1) From standing position, drop down to a squat position and place hands on the ground in front of you
2) Kick your feet back, leaving you in a plank/pushup position 
3)*optional* pushup at this point
4) Return your feet to squat position 
5) Jump up from the squat position, hands reaching high, jump as high as you can


Motivation is what gets you started...

     Habit is what keeps you going. 

~Jim Ryun 








     




No comments: