Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Like a bandaid.

You know, when it's there, it makes you feel better. Maybe not physically, but it's all in your mind. The presence of it just gives a calming affect. When you know it's time for it to come off....you contemplate, is now the right time? Do I take it off slowly? Or really fast so I won't feel the pain as much? Fast. Always best to do fast. If you take it slow then you'll only end up hurting more... Kind of like friends. You keep them around because it feels comfortable. After a while, when you realize the friendship isn't really true, you start to think about "taking the bandaid off". With me, I may be a hard one to please. There is no gray area....it's all or nothing. Either you are in or you are out. There is no middle ground....
It hurts, yes. But....I know that it's better. For the best and most of all the RIGHT thing.

No comments: