Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Loving the remake of "Bad Company" by 5 Finger Death Punch

When the doorbell rang I had a rush of excitement overwhelm me. When I opened the door and saw them all standing there, I couldn't help but smile. My Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunt and Uncle all came to visit for the day. They are vacationing in Sedona, AZ which is only about 2 1/2 hours away. When they arrived I felt so complete. I had the most wonderful day with them. We went to lunch at Jason's Deli and then I gave them a little tour of our "stompin grounds" here in the desert. They really enjoyed it, I think. When Joey got home from school, he showed them his musical talents. He played a few songs on his bell kit, his recorder and then even did his HipHop dance for them. He was just as excited to see them as I was.

We spent the afternoon playing a game called "TopsUp" and it was really fun! It's exactly how I remember time with my family. Such good qualities, humor, togetherness and love. When Paul got home from work we visited some more and then decided instead of cooking to have Pizza. My Grandpa and I went to pick it up and then we added a bit of a green salad and fruit salad to the menu. It was perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything more. (of course we were watching MNF as well....)

I believe it was about 8pm when they decided it was probably best that they head back north. We were all comfy on the couch and I didn't want to get up. I knew it was going to be hard. We had been so busy all day and had been visiting so much we didn't even taken any pictures! Me! The picture person didn't even taken any!!! As soon as goodbyes were said and they drove away, it hit me. As soon as I walked in the front door I broke down. I miss them already. I love them so much. It made me also miss my mom and dad and brother. And....of course I started thinking about Friday. Dreaded Friday of this week.

The week of Joey leaving is always really hard for me. I don't know if it's the anticipation of the coming weeks, or the fact that I just really really really don't want my son to go!! He gets really clingy and snuggly around the time that he leaves too. I feel so bad for him. I know he wants to stay but he's afraid to say anything to his dad. Oh well....I'm sure someday he will open up a little more. I'm so thankful for the love he has shown me and taught me. Being a parent is truly the most rewarding job/blessing there is.

Read this today in an email, I really liked what it said... Not sure who said it but... "Be Yourself. Everyone else is taken." I'll end with that....


No comments: