Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clouds in the sky

Today started out as a beautiful day. It was a bit overcast and darker clouds in the distance but I knew it would be perfect for my photo-shoot with Larry Stone. Clouds and mid morning sun always make for great outdoor lighting.

I have to admit that I was a little bit nervous meeting Larry. I knew he would be a nice person since my husband's cousin Stacie introduced me to him but still, meeting new people is always a little bit nerve racking, especially when they are going to be photographing you. From the moment I shook his hand I knew I'd feel comfortable with him. It's such an important part of getting great quality photos too. If you are nervous and tense, it's going to show up in the photos. I was happy that I was able to relax and have a good time.

We met up near the ASU campus because he had a few places picked out that he wanted to use. They worked out perfectly and I felt very natural and it was easy to smile and just be myself, even with a few people giving me strange looks as they walked by. After shooting there for about an hour, we decided to get a little bit different scenery so we drove up the road a little bit to that mountain I believe they call "A Mountain". I've been wanting to hike that trail for some time, just never knew I'd be doing it in 4 inch wedge heels....

After a few pictures with some old train tracks, I opted to change my outfit for the third time and throw on some torn up jeans. My favorite pair of jeans. I did forget to bring some different shoes, so yes, I kicked off my heels in the desert landscape and didn't care that I had thorns poking me. I felt at ease and so comfortable and I hope it really shines through in the photos.

I am so thankful for the journey that life is giving me and am so happy that I'm not on the journey alone. This is all just a part of me finding out who I am.

No comments: