Friday, April 16, 2010

Positive vibe

I feel as though I am a pretty positive thinker. Yes, I will complain about certain aspects of life but who doesn't? I don't feel that I complain about everything and anything and I really do try to look at the positive things in life. Life can be so short and I want to live mine to the fullest and have the best memories possible.

I used to be a pretty negative thinker. Always thinking the "glass was half empty" and thinking the worst. This would most likely be the result of a series of events in my life that were negative. When good things don't happen to you it tends to bring you down and you start thinking you don't deserve any better. Even as a dispatcher I continued to think the glass was half empty. Of course I did, because I was surrounded constantly 50-60 hours a week by negativity. It's not very often the person on the other end of the line is calling to just say "Thank you".

It has taken me a while, but I believe that I finally can say "The glass is half full". I'm always seeking out the positive in everything and every situation  and have said goodbye to friends that couldn't keep up with my beliefs. It's hard when you are trying to be optimistic and positive and someone around you is constantly complaining and or telling what you should or shouldn't be doing.

This is my life and I am loving every bit of it. I'm learning to deal with emotional rollercoasters that being a woman sends me on, eating differently so that I'm not only putting bad into my body (minus the glass of champagne or the beer at my favorite brewery), and I am exercising on a regular basis.  It's amazing what those small changes have done for me in just a short amount of time.

I am down 6.5 lbs since March 1 and I feel amazing, strong, beautiful, confident and most of all, myself. It's almost as if my morning workout routine is as much an addiction as my cup of coffee. I crave it when I wake up and it leaves me feeling energized for the rest of the day. I just wish that I could spread that energy to those close to me.

I am going to continue thinking positive, playing positive and making good things come alive in my life! This is still MY year!

1 comment:

Ian Lisk said...

Rene, Now I understand. It is all about attitude. There is no doubt that no one has a positive attitude 100% of the time but, focusing on a positive attitude makes things easier and leads to more success. Due to an accident I had I am not the same person and my attitude can be down but, I feed off others to get back on track and I appreciate those that help me, even when they don't know it. Have a great weekend and hopefully our paths will cross someday as you are a tremendous mom, wife and person.