Thursday, January 13, 2011

Curve ball

It is so hard to believe that I am already half way there. It seems like yesterday I was laying in bed praying for the nausea to go away. Now it only visits me in spurts. The heart burn is what has started lately....

We took Joe to the ultrasound appt again with us on Monday, he thinks it's pretty cool to see his baby brother on the monitor. We feel it's very important to keep him involved in our growing family since he's so used to be an only child.  He's so excited to have a little brother and knows how important his role is in the family. Baby boy will definitely be looking up to Joe as his idol!

At my appointment on Monday my midwife told us that I have Partial Placenta Previa. I was quite upset about it when she told us that most likely the only form of delivery I could endure would be via C-Section. I am a completely natural, Bradley Method sort of person and this news was very hard for me to hear. However, I do know that what's most important is that baby gets here safely and healthy.

She advised me to take it easy for the next 4 weeks and I am to have another ultrasound on Feb 7 to see if my previa has improved or if it has gotten worse. I am praying that it gets better and I will still be able to have a natural vaginal birth. I am still walking every day, but she told me to not do any strenuous activites and to avoid intercourse (poor Paul).

It's definitely a curve ball I wasn't ready to be up at bat for. Paul keeps reminding me that, "Everything happens for a reason" and I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning behind all of this. I've had a natural birth in the past, I've read the books again and have prepared myself but now I may have to have a "Delivery Day" instead of birth day? I'm hoping that I can get more used to that.

As I type, baby boy is kicking me and causing me some serious acid reflux. Only a preview of what's to come in the next 20 weeks...

No comments: