Friday, July 26, 2013

Love/Hate Relationship With The Gym

Just a warning, this may be kind of a rant. 

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people still bring their sick children to functions or locations making it a greater chance that they infect those that are healthy. 

Grade school is one thing but a place such as the gym is not the place to bring your sick child. Just because you are selfish and need to get your workout in doesn't mean that you need to do it at the expense of the healthy kids. 

Travis is sick. In the summer. I know it's from playing with the other children at the gym. It has to be. That's the only place he interacts with children daily. Yes, I know there is the slight chance he picked it up from the handle of the Safeway shopping cart, but really, I'm certain it's the gym. 

So, here I am stuck. He's sick, but am I still going to the gym? NO. Because I don't want to bring him in there with his stuffy nose to infect those that weren't infected the first go round. Am I mad about it? A little... but it's not like I can't work out at home. 

Please, if your little one is snotty and coughing don't bring him/her to playgroup, the gym, over to my house for a playmate, etc... bottom line, if you are sick? I don't want to see you or your kids. I'm going to up my MonaVie intake for the day and snuggle with my bug. 

End rant. 

No comments: