Thursday, August 1, 2013

Today's Workout - Thur, August 1

I decided that I wanted to start blogging about my workouts... maybe not all of them, but most.

Today was "leg" day and I was still feeling my legs from Monday's leg day workout. I want to make sure that I am really changing up my workouts so my muscles don't get used to the same motions over and over. By changing the exercises frequently, your body will consistently stay challenged and you will definitely see results!

I've been waking up at 5:30am and doing fasted cardio first thing (usually 20-25 minutes on the elliptical) and then lifting weights a few hours later at the gym. Today, since I had planned on a higher intensity workout I skipped the morning cardio and snoozed a few minutes longer. (Really, it was like 20 minutes, I just couldn't stay in bed!)


My friend met me at the gym and we got started... Wow, was that a great work out! The first and second set of the circuit was probably the hardest for me, with the fourth being the easiest. I felt almost like doing a 5th! Once I was done with the leg curls I went back to stretch and held a 3 minute plank to really challenge myself. 

It was definitely a good, sweaty, workout and helped to change it up from the normal squats, leg press, lunges, kick backs, etc... and of course I threw together my RVL Vanilla Cream shake in the locker room for recovery! 

Enjoy! Let me know how YOUR legs feel after this one! 



No comments: