Friday, February 26, 2010

His birthday

My husband's 33rd birthday is on Tuesday. No, I have not bought him a card yet. It's not like me to wait until the last minute, but I am forcing myself to do so this year. I will go shopping today I'm sure.

Every year since 2006 I have planned something for his birthday, whether it be some big surprise present or a surprise dinner with friends. Every year. Not this year. I am refusing to plan something because just as he told me on my birthday, "It's just another day".

I'm not one who is normally vindictive, but in this case I guess you could say I am. Eye for an eye. Childish, yes. Standing my ground, being stubborn and making sure someone understands my pain is the path I'm choosing for this particular situation.

1 comment:

April said...

Stand your ground honey!!! I am with you on this!!!!