Monday, August 26, 2013

Ahhh, A-Rod, We Meet Again

As I posted earlier {via my blog post on East Valley Moms Blog} I mentioned that it's that time... Time for Fantasy Football! This will be my fourth year playing and I think I am MOST excited about this year. I am participating in two leagues, one with other moms from EVMB and the other along side my husband and some of our friends.


I have done fairly well in past years, always getting either first or second place. Last year, I was quite proud of my first place ranking and owe all of my thanks to Mr. Aaron Rodgers. {Yes! I drafted him AGAIN!}


Don't get my excitement for drafting him confused with being a Greenbay fan, because that I am NOT. No way, definitely NOT. 

Our EVMB league used an auto-draft because of our busy mom lives. We couldn't all coordinate a day to sit down and do a draft, let alone the fact that a few moms have no idea ANYTHING about football.  I am pretty pleased with my draft, with the exception of my TE, Rob Gronkowski. GREAT player, yes and ordinarily I'd be quite happy with him as my TE pick, but since he's injured and will be out for a little while longer while healing (from back and forearm surgery) I am a bit bummed. 



The rest of my team is as follows:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, GB
RB: Stevan Ridley, NE
RB: Frank Gore, SF
RB/WR: Cecil Shorts, Jac WR
WR: Wes Welker, Den
WR: Eric Decker, Den
TE: Jared Cook, StL
Flex: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cin RB
D/ST: Seahawks
K: Blair Walsh, Min

On my bench: 
Rob Gronkowski, NE TE
Daryl Richardson, StL RB
Mike Williams, TB WR
Joe Flacco, Bal QB
Rams D/ST
Dan Bailey, Dal K
Golden Tate, Sea WR
Fred Jackson, Buf RB

Not a bad team if you ask me... They are all strong players and what has helped me in the past is consistency and starting my studs; such as A-Rod. Last year I considered benching him after his HORRIBLE first few weeks and am glad I didn't as he ended up getting me quite a bit of points! Since my team of choice is the San Francisco 49ers, I am SO happy that I drafted Frank Gore!! Now I can actually cheer for a fantasy player while I'm cheering for my team. Was hoping to get their Defense but the Seahawks are great too. 


My tips to myself for this year's league: 

1} Start my studs, always even when I doubt them.
2} Keep track of BYES week after week. 
3} Check my line-up throughout the week, watching for injuries and suspensions 
4} Don't judge the season by the first few games
5} Talk smack to my fellow leaguers 

This will be an exciting season, and I can't wait to root for my 49ers again!! 

Who are YOU rooting for? 







No comments: