Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Impromptu Visit from the Parental Units

This last weekend marked yet another milestone. My first son's fourteenth birthday. I gave birth to him when I was just nineteen years old, living in Hawaii and still a newlywed (of a little over a year).

He's now taller than me, wears a size ten shoe and his voice is getting deeper and deeper by the week. I can't believe he's in high-school now and in just a few short years, he'll be driving. Scary! (that means I'm REALLY getting old).

Between a busy busy weekend and a last minute planned visit from my parents, I haven't been to the gym in four days. Yes, I said four days and it's killing me! Life is happening and it's not the end of the world, but still... the gym is my sanity; or anti-depressant if you want to call it that.

It was so wonderful having my parents here, I miss them so much and wish we could live closer to them. I love their company, conversations and evening walks with my momma. They only stayed a couple of days, and I'm hoping that they will be back soon to visit again! Today marks their 30th anniversary! What better way to spend it than twelve hours in the car together driving home!

30th Anniversary Kiss 



My little swim monkey, loves the pool!! 

Doing Tricks! 

I love my momma!! (Nevermind that it was 109 degrees outside...)

No comments: