Wednesday, January 6, 2010

And so it begins.

So, I'm guessing this is my 2nd post in my new blog. I am still trying to get used to this different layout and I do say, I'm liking it more and more each minute I spend here.

When I was a little girl, I always had a diary. One with Cinderella painted on the front with a lock on the side so no one could read it. I kept my inner most secrets there. As I got older I wrote more and more, although these diaries didn't have Cinderella on them, they were basic journals that had a ribbon attached so that you could mark your spot. I love to write. I may not be that great at it but it's something I love. I still keep a paper journal where I write down thoughts of my own and quotes that I hear or read. It makes me smile and it's something I hope no one ever takes away from me. Again.

Here, you will meet Joe. He was my high school sweetheart and is now who I refer to as RC. (the meaning behind "RC" I will keep to myself).  Most of the time it turns out that I write more when I am angry or upset. I'd prefer it be the other way around, as I'd rather document happy moments in my life and milestones, rather than arguments and nights of endless tears. The six years I was married to RC, I had piles and piles of diaries....Need I say more?  We were married when I turned 18 and due to him being in the US Army , we moved to the beautiful island of Oahu. I had no idea what I was about to encounter. A year later Joey was born at the beautiful pink building most military families know of as "Tripler". (very beautiful hospital).

A lot happened over the the next few years and I plan on writing about them. Just not today. Not now.

2000

2001

2002

2003

2004... After years of being unhappy and growing up and growing apart, I left RC for a better life. One without fights and infidelities and lies. Joey and I moved back to my home state of California and I began my journey as a single mom. (I'll get into some of that later I'm sure)

It seems over the last six years I have lost touch with my writing. Thank goodness my mom printed up my diary that I once had on "opendiary.com" so that I could forever cherish the 9 months while carrying Joey in my belly.  I've written here and there and even kept somewhat of a blog at http://renegerbi.blogspot.com , but it has never felt like "home". I started it during a time when I was working graveyard shift and needing an outlet to help keep me sane (and awake). Despite many efforts of trying to write and let my feelings out, I am giving up. This is my new home. Starting fresh with the new year. The amazing year that I feel ahead.

I hope to write about relationships with my friends, family and husband. Document the growth of my almost pre-teen soon and maybe a few funny stories about my four legged daughters. (a.k.a. My cats Lily & Dot) In doing this, I have high hopes that it will help me learn from my mistakes, explore new ideas, and most all, make me smile.

No comments: