Monday, August 31, 2009

Sometimes I feel like a nut....

Sometimes I don't! Remember that song? For some reason, it is stuck in my head this morning. Hmmmm.... is my brain trying to tell me something?

Slept weird last night. Is that possible? I didn't sleep well, I didn't sleep bad, I slept weird. Weird dreams, woke up scared, had to pee and then psyched myself out and ran back to bed faster than the speed of light because I thought a ghost was chasing me. How old am I again? 29, oh right. Yes, I believe in ghosts.

Hard to believe that today is the 1 year mark of being "unemployed"....was thinking about it this morning it feels kind of nice. Not because I'm not working but because I am CHOOSING not to work. I didn't lose my job, I wasn't fired, I quit so that I could move to Arizona with my husband and make a better life. I am starting to get antsy though......hmmmm, to work? Or not to work?

I'm still about 50/50 on the idea of going back to dispatching. I miss it, on occasion. I don't miss the hours and days of the work week but I miss the excitement of answering 911 and NEVER knowing what is going to be said on the other line. I miss talking an officer through a high speed chase or reading a BOLO over the air when there is an armed suspect on the loose....hmmm....contemplating....

The decisions we make now are what pave the roads to our future.... I'm just not sure what kind of asphalt I want to use....

1 comment:

April said...

Sometimes you don't... almond joy has nuts.. monds don't.... HEHE